Today, we began the revision process for our Bend Three Personal Narrative flash drafts. We revisited the craft (idea) components involved in making a strong personal narrative:
• Follows a narrative plot structure: setting, characters, conflict/problem, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution
• Uses dialogue and/or inner thinking to contribute to characters’ actions or personalities
• Develops characters’ feeling and/or personalities using “Show, Don’t Tell” details
• Uses a variety of “smiley face tricks” to enhance writing
• Zooms in on small details and/or contains a variety of sensory details to create a vivid picture of the setting, characters, and/or events
You were encouraged to make revisions to your flash draft in a designated color (touch base with me if you are absent). At times, some of you considered looking back into Notability, the narrative Schoology folder, or your Bend Two Personal Narrative to see your previous successes.
We ended class discussing the Sentence Structure quiz. If you feel as though this quiz is not reflective of your true ability, you were given some opportunities to demonstrate your true understanding.
- Review Sentence Structure information (quiz re-take on Wednesday)
- Fishbowl Group #4: written portion and wiki review
- Fishbowl Group #1-3: Keep reading