Today in class, you were introduced to a new reading signpost: Words of the Wiser.
A Words of the Wiser occur in the book when an older or wiser character gives serious advice to another character. When we find this moment in a novel, we want to pause and ask ourselves, What is the life lesson and how might it affect the character?
We read the final two chapters (11 and 12) of The Outsiders to practice this strategy and recorded the last pieces of evidence from the text to support the common themes.
- Punctuating Dialogue Quiz
ELA 3/4: Thursday
ELA 6/7: Wednesday
- Fishbowl Corrections (if required, due Thursday)
- Fishbowl Group #1: Written portion and wiki review (Due Friday)
- Fishbowl Group #2-3: Keep reading or start written portion/wiki review
- Fishbowl Group #4: Find the perfect book for your next Fishbowl!